Re: Good news on claws-mail

On 18/10/14 23:28, Peter Nieman wrote:
> On 17/10/14 20:25, Brian wrote:
>> Why
>> it needs to be compiled without dbus is also unknown.
>
> You're asking the wrong question. The question you should ask yourself
> is: if claws-mail works perfectly well without dbus, then why does
> Debian ship a version that depends on it?

Do you have an answer to your question?

Wild guess - notifications?

Now my question - why did you remove Brian's question from it's context? TIA

NOTE: He was responding to the, um, claim that removing dbus in some
unknown way removed a (possible??) systemd *dependency*.

I'm all for removing the unnecessary - especially if it's code.
Generally if it's considered a failing the usual course is to file a bug
report but I can't seem to find one. All guidance is appreciated.

Kind regards