Re: Good news on claws-mail

On Fri 17 Oct 2014 at 13:11:23 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> For those of you using Claws-Mail, you can keep it systemd-free into
> the foreseeable future by disabling dbus, like this:
>
> ./configure --disable-dbus
>
> I've compiled Claws_Mail from source on Debian. It's fairly easy to do,
> it can exist in tandem with the existing Claws-Mail (obviously rename
> the executables), and it works.
>
> Bang, another 0d program!

For those of you who (like me) have an unstable system with syvinit-core
(but not systemd-shim) this advice maight be puzzling. An install of
claws-mail doesn't bring in anything which is to do with systemd. Why
one needs to go to the trouble of compiling claws-mail is unknown. Why
it needs to be compiled without dbus is also unknown. Seems a lot of
work for no benefit.

The OP will probably have good reasons for offering this advice (which
at first glance do not appear to fit reality).

We await his response. Ignoring his suggestion might be a wise course
of action without it.