Re: Good news on claws-mail

Le 18.10.2014 16:14, Brian a écrit :
Which once again raises the main question; what does systemd have to do
with this? The original post gives an unexplained solution to a
non-existent problem.

Dbus is (a crap, but not only) a tool to allow applications to share informations with other applications (why should those apps to do so, is often a mistery for me. Especially why should them have to do that in XML...).

I guess that claws uses (lib)dbus to notify dbus-compliant softwares that there is a new mail. Softwares like, for example, notification-daemon (which also depends only on libdbus, but I failed to use it without dbus, I must admit it. Did not spend lot of time on that, anyway, it might be easy.).

Now, how softwares did before was maybe a nightmare. Doing the wheel everytime, in different fashion, etc. The other reliable technique I know is through window managers, by setting a flag (I do not know how it's named, I only know about this technique because some softwares uses it... like, for example, claws.) which, depending on the WM, will result in a visual and or audio hint.