Re: fvwm: was i3 sticky/floating windows (brasero requires gvfs)

  On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 16:20:27 +0200 lee mentioned this:
	Re: fvwm: was i3 sticky/floating windows (brasero requires
  gvfs).

> >> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
> >>
> >> Because you use fvwm on a regular basis, you should write some
> >> documentation on it.
>
> Please check out [1] --- let me know if it works for you and how you
> like it.
>

> [1]: https://github.com/lee-/fvwm
>

> --
> Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.

  From my keyboard:

   Hello Lee,

      I've just had a cursory read and you have put a lot of effort
      into this. Thank you on behalf of those of us who will appreciate
      and use it.

I have a meeting to attend this morning that will keep me away most of
the day, so I won't have the time to read all of it till I return.

But just quickly and without the history why I moved from fvwm to
xfce4.

I used the win95 script to get an fvwm setup quickly. I'm tweaking as i
go along as time permits.

I wanted to get the Debian Menu into the fvwm Root menu to get rid of
the taskbar but have not found yet, how that can be done.

I actually like the DeskerPanelButtons and am happy not to have IconBox
or IconMan, whichever [think one is deprecated] on the desktop. As you
know already, I have removed the ButtonBar.

But I will have a look at your fvwm2rc, as I'm into pretty plain no
icons, pictures of anything fancy desktops.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Never doubt the potential of creative idleness being a way of
	life. Man was elevated from the barbarian state by those who
	were idle, but thought a lot. ---anon