Re: systemd vs debian soc (was ... Re: brasero requires gvfs)

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 07:52:28PM +0200, Slavko wrote:
> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:15:59 +0200 lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> napísal:
>
> > Supporting systemd violates Debians' social contract.
>
> Can you be more verbose about this, please? Why? How? By what?

Item 4 says: "We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free
software community. We will place their interests first in our
priorities. We will support the needs of our users for operation in many
different kinds of computing environments."

The way I see it, there is a large amount of doubt on who's insterested
in systemd and there is no doubt that many users are being forced into
using it and, according to your recent post on the subject, those users
have currently no way of purging systemd from their systems without
losing the ability of running an imense chainload of userland software.

So are we trying to support the need of our users for operation in many
different kinds of computing environments or are we pushing some distro
that actualy did that into becoming a GiB monolith?

Are kFreeBSD and Hurd becoming farther and farther to reach?