Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com> writes:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:02:02 +0200
> Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>  > As all I stand up for is _freedom_ (of any kind) and as what I hate most
>  > is fundamentalism (of any kind), this thread is terminated for me.
>
> AKA.  I don't want to take the time to either learn systemd or try my hand at
> writing excellent sysvinit code... I'd rather just complain instead...

If systemd is so great, why don't its developers do it right?  They
could write good documentation, listen to the users and address and fix
all the points that are being critizised --- especially the point that
systemd gets involved with everything else and is or will be even worse
than pulseaudio.

One reason might be that the devs don't even understand what "disabled"
means ...

Anyway, you cannot use the expectation that someone else does for
sysvinit what the devs of systemd don't do for systemd to argue that
systemd would be better.  That systemd might be easier for devs to deal
with than sysvinit is no argument which would support that systemd was
better, either.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.