Re: mutt can't send mail (Interrupted system call)

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:33:50PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 20 Jul 2014 at 16:08:25 +0200, Tony Baldwin wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 12:55:09PM +0000, Curt wrote:
> > >
> > > I understood that he is using Mutt's native smtp support and the default
> > > exim configuration, which only handles local mail, I believe.
> > >
> > > Maybe an attempt to send mail to a remote location with Mutt from
> > > the command line would result in some useful warning/error messages.
> >
> > I did that, now, and got no error msgs (but got a bounce message in mail
> > declaring that mail to remote domains was not supported...this being
> > without my .muttrc, when mailing with my .muttrc, I get that interrupted
> > system call error).
>
> I'm persuaded by Curt and what you write to believe that your smtp
> transport is provided by mutt and not exim. Furthermore, you say that
> your desktop and myownsite.me have identical mutts and mutt configs.
> Wouldn't this imply the problem on the desktop lies outside mutt and
> in some other machine configuration?

Probably the biggest differences is the myownsite.me has postfix/dovecot
and the desktop has exim, but I don't know if mutt is using exim or
postfix anyway, as mentioned. I think it's just the native support on both.

> There is probably a good reason for you to use mutt's native smtp
> support but you could consider using exim to sidestep the issue.

How would I change from one to the other?

tony
--
http://www.myownsite.me
web design, development and hosting