Re: mutt can't send mail (Interrupted system call)

On Sun 20 Jul 2014 at 16:08:25 +0200, Tony Baldwin wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 12:55:09PM +0000, Curt wrote:
> >
> > I understood that he is using Mutt's native smtp support and the default
> > exim configuration, which only handles local mail, I believe.
> >
> > Maybe an attempt to send mail to a remote location with Mutt from
> > the command line would result in some useful warning/error messages.
>
> I did that, now, and got no error msgs (but got a bounce message in mail
> declaring that mail to remote domains was not supported...this being
> without my .muttrc, when mailing with my .muttrc, I get that interrupted
> system call error).

I'm persuaded by Curt and what you write to believe that your smtp
transport is provided by mutt and not exim. Furthermore, you say that
your desktop and myownsite.me have identical mutts and mutt configs.
Wouldn't this imply the problem on the desktop lies outside mutt and
in some other machine configuration?

There is probably a good reason for you to use mutt's native smtp
support but you could consider using exim to sidestep the issue.