New 64bit installation: Exim4 Send to Root

Logcheck, rkhunter and some others send their email notifications to root.
Exim4 does no allow emails to root. So root gets aliased and a couple of other
places are set so that the emails go to another user. I brought the
configuration files over from the old installation.

I have in /etc/aliases a line root:system_notification
and in /etc/exim4/system.filter lines for saving header with Spam and Virus
marked to /var/mail/system_notification

Worked before, but not now. What am I doing wrong?