Re: Lenny -> Squeeze -> Wheezy; no eth0 on Squeeze reboot

Ron Leach a écrit :

> # apt-get upgrade
> returns an enormous list of changes it needs to do (this is
> re-assuring, because I already thought that the upgrade had been
> incomplete) but, on asking it to proceed, reports:
>
> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>    libssl0.9.8 openssl libgnutls26 libxml2 python-libxml2 gnupg-curl
> libtiff4
> Install these packages without verification [y/N]?
>
> I declined, because I want verified packages.
> I executed
> # apt-get debian-archive-keyring
> which installed some wheezy keys, and reported that the squeeze key
> was left unchanged.  It said nothing about an LTS key.  Repeating
> # apt-get upgrade
> resulted in the same verification warnings.  I thought these
> unverified packages might be in LTS.

Indeed.

> I've looked through the LTS wiki
> pages, and the DSAs announcing LTS, but have found no mention of a
> signing key for squeeze-lts.
>
> Has anybody updated squeeze from squeeze-lts, with verification?  If
> so, does anybody recall how they obtained a signing key?

I updated several systems from squeeze to squeeze-lts, just by adding
the squeeze-lts repository from my usual Debian mirror. I did not need
to add any keys nor get such authentication warning.

Maybe you should first try to dist-upgrade to squeeze without the
squeeze-lts repository, and only then add it again ?