Re: Lenny -> Squeeze -> Wheezy; no eth0 on Squeeze reboot

Ron Leach a écrit :

> cannot fetch over the network

Can't you just configure and activate eth0 manually ?
If by DHCP :
# dhclient eth0
If statically :
# ifconfig eth0 <address> netmask <mask>
# route add default gw <router>
# echo nameserver <dns> >> /etc/resolv.conf # if needed

> Method 1: But Plugging in a USB CD-ROM isn't recognised on this (not
> quite working) Squeeze installation,

What do you mean exactly ? Is there a /dev/srX device node ? If yes, try
to manually mount it with mount on any temporary mount point.

> Method 2: Also found a Squeeze XFCE boot CD, which I have managed to
> boot from and, in 'Rescue' mode, have assembled the RAID1 and have a
> shell in my incomplete Squeeze root filesystem.  But I cannot seem to
> change directory to the installation CD;

I guess that's because you're in a chroot, and the CD is mounted outside
the chroot. Try to remount it inside the chroot. Or exit from the
chroot, enter a rescue shell (Alt+F2), mount manually anything you need
and copy the file.