Re: Lenny -> Squeeze -> Wheezy; no eth0 on Squeeze reboot

On 21/07/2014 15:22, Curt wrote:

I think to move forward you should solve those apt errors, which are
probably the source of many, if not all, of the problems you are
encountering.

Curt, I thought the same. The sources list is now fixed. In case anyone hits the same problem in copying the entries from the wiki, I substituted
http://http.debian.net/debian/
with an example from the list of mirrors
https://www.debian.org/mirror/list .
I used http://ftp.be.debian.org/debian/ .

But we're still not completely there.
# apt-get upgrade
returns an enormous list of changes it needs to do (this is re-assuring, because I already thought that the upgrade had been incomplete) but, on asking it to proceed, reports:

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libssl0.9.8 openssl libgnutls26 libxml2 python-libxml2 gnupg-curl libtiff4
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?

I declined, because I want verified packages.
I executed
# apt-get debian-archive-keyring
which installed some wheezy keys, and reported that the squeeze key was left unchanged. It said nothing about an LTS key. Repeating
# apt-get upgrade
resulted in the same verification warnings. I thought these unverified packages might be in LTS. I've looked through the LTS wiki pages, and the DSAs announcing LTS, but have found no mention of a signing key for squeeze-lts.

Has anybody updated squeeze from squeeze-lts, with verification? If so, does anybody recall how they obtained a signing key?

regards, Ron