Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On 2014-07-21 10:18 +0200, Erwan David wrote:

> I switched today, and for me booting is slow, much slowzer than before.

Run "systemd-analyze time" to see how long the boot actually took and
"systemd-analyze blame" to see which units took the most time.

> And booting is silent : almost no information message about what  happens.
>
> So you are before a screen with almost no message, not knowing if it works or not.

Boot with systemd.show_status=true.  Note that this typically generates
several screens of output that may exceed the size of the scrollback
buffer.  See [1] on how to increase that.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Scrollback_buffer