Re: mutt can't send mail (Interrupted system call)

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 12:55:55PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 20 Jul 2014 at 02:06:31 +0200, Tony Baldwin wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 03:45:27PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> > >
> > > Assuming a valid username is "tony", mainlog should show a record of
> > >
> > >    mail -s TEST tony@localhost
> > >
> > > being sent.
> >
> > Yeah, it does.
> > But that doesn't tell me anything about why mutt is faiilng.
> > It shows me that mail works for local users.
>
> Does 'mail' also work with remote users? Does mutt work with local and
> remote users? Can we rule out a problem with exim?

I can not use 'mail' to send to remote users, now.
mutt isn't working with local or remote, but even sending to a local
user, it's got to go through the remote SMTP server, no? and that's the
problem, at least, somewhere in getting mail to/through a remote SMTP
server (and I've ruled out problem at the remote SMTP server end,
definitely at my end).

> Move any mutt config files in $HOME out of the way. You've not altered
> any in /etc?

User mutt without my .muttrc?
Ah, okay, I did that, and I CAN mail to a local user,
but mailing to a remote user without my rc file does not work:

  tonyb@myownsite.me
      Mailing to remote domains not supported

tony
--