Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 09:44:20 -0400, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

> "/etc/init.d/foobar start" has been deprecated since "service ..." was
> introduced to Debian. As has been covered before here, using "service
> ..." cleans up the environment in which the daemon's launched. You can
> use "systemctl ..." with sysvinit scripts and systemd units but I
> can't remember whether you can use "service ..." with systemd units.
> AFAIR the plan's to have that working in jessie.

    I'm actually using both service ... and /etc/init.d/... to restart
service. Last one is good to use, if I cannot remember if it is graylist
or graylistd or greylist or greylistd.
    So it there were some directory with scripts containing
'systemctl ... "$@"' for every daemon, then that would be great.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee