Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Sun 13 Jul 2014 at 14:38:52 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

> > However, Tom H is right. Blame systemd is the first port of call when
> > something doesn't work as expected. I nearly did it myself a day or
> > two ago. What do you expect 'cat debian.iso > /dev/sdX' *as a user*
> > on Jessie to do when /dev/sdX is the device for a USB stick?
>
> Exactly the same thing it would do on wheezy, or before. (Whatever that
> is; I can't say I've tried this, or read documentation advocating for or
> against it.)

My store of caustic comments is yet to be replenished.

> Are you saying this has changed?

Udev.

  [ Martin Pitt ]
  * Drop our Debian specific 50-udev-default.rules and 91-permissions.rules
    and use the upstream rules with a patch for the remaining Debian specific
    default device permissions. Many thanks to Marco d'Itri for researching
    which Debian-specific rules are obsolete! Amongst other things, this now
    also reads the hwdb info for USB devices (Closes: #717405) and gets rid of
    some syntax errors (Closes: #706221)

   -- Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>  Sat, 26 Apr 2014 21:37:29 +0200

Bug #751892

Documentation rules. ok!