Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

On Du, 08 iun 14, 15:00:58, Gour wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Especially on sid aptitude (in interactive mode) can be very useful, but
> > beware of #570377.
>
> Hmm..

I'm right now testing this in apt.conf

// tweak Aptitude to not suggest removals as first option
Aptitude::ProblemResolver::SolutionCost "safety,removals";

> > There is no procedure, just use which one you like/need/etc.
>
> Iirc, one has to be careful when migrating from one tool to the other in
> order not to end up with many uninstalled packages?

None of the tools will do something you don't specifically approve, so
just be careful what you agree to ;)

Yes, there are probably still bugs when you switch between them, but
mostly it should work fine.

> Otoh, I'm just investigating which tool is better handling dep chain,
> especially on Sid.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you're worried about.

Kind regards,
Andrei