Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #629

unsubscribe

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:51 AM, <debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org> wrote:

debian-user-digest Digest                               Volume 2014 : Issue 629

Today's Topics:
  Re: Iceweasel and DRM                 [ Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.n ]
  Re: Iceweasel and DRM                 [ Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.n ]
  Re: FSF condemns partnership between  [ Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.n ]
  Re: set higher verbosity in exim4 ou  [ Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> ]
  Re: Iceweasel and DRM                 [ Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> ]
  Re: Iceweasel and DRM                 [ Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> ]
  Re: FSF condemns partnership between  [ Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> ]
  Re: How to remote login Debian Gnome  [ Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> ]
  Multiboot issue                       [ John Lindsay <jclindsay@kw.igs.net> ]
  Re: Iceweasel and DRM                 [ Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> ]
  Re: FSF condemns partnership between  [ Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen. ]
  Re: FSF condemns partnership between  [ Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.n ]

Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 07:08:36 -0400
From: Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On 5/19/2014 4:12 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 19 May 2014 03:50:38 Lee Winter wrote:
>> Note that the _statutory_ penalty for a purposeful violation of copyright
>> law is USD$150,000.00 plus fees and legal costs.  Per violation.
>
> ***In the ***United States***.  This is an international list.

Yes, and the vast majority of countries (including the United States)
has accepted the Berne Convention, which is similar to the U.S.
(although penalties are not).

>> Are you really going to admit in this public forum that you regularly
>> violate copyright law on purpose?
>
> Maybe he lives somewhere where it is legal.
>
> Lisi

Please tell us what country has no copyright laws.  I don't know of any.

Jerry