Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:
> On 18/05/14 08:42 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> So Gary, how do we handle this problem of lack of educated thinkers?
>> Cause that's the real problem as I see it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Zenaan
>
> That problem is not solvable, I'm afraid. That's why people who do think
> about issues have a duty to speak up about them. Stallman's GPL is a case in
> point. A work of true genius, it tries to keep things free.

Sure it is.

But then you have to keep solving it again and again.

Thus, flamewars.

And, yes, thus the GPL for our generation. (Unfortunately, the lawyers
are already watering it down in the courts, but there we are again.
Which is why we have to have freedom of speech. Which is the yang for
copyright ying.)

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.