Re: Iceweasel and DRM

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
> On 5/18/2014 10:26 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>
>> On 5/19/14, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't care.  But if I catch you violating my copyright,
>>> I will have everything you own.
>>

>> Jerry.
>>
>> You speak loudly.
>>
>> Zenaan
>>

> And truthfully.  Ask your attorney.
>
> Jerry

My attorney says your interpretation of the legal support for
licensing is viewed by the courts as going beyond what the courts
recognize and what the DMCA, even, allows.

Significantly beyond, even in the current legal climate of having to
bow to the content creators.

Content creators who seem to forget that they do not create in a
vacuum, and who often forget their legal obligation of attribution,
among many other things.

Just because you can write a program doesn't somehow grant you the
right that it should run.

Likewise, just because you can write a license doesn't somehow grant
you the right to enforce every term you put in it.

I'm not sure why you are being so extreme in your assertions, but your
bluster undermines your argument. And it doesn't encourage anyone to
respect the terms of licenses.

Perhaps that's your purpose, to undermine the creditability of content licenses?

--
Joel Rees

Computer memory is nothing but fancy paper,
and the CPU and IO devices are nothing but fancy pens.