Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On 19/05/14 23:20, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 5/19/2014 6:08 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't that the reverse? Mickey Mouse, when first released was not
>>> subject to DRM, and copyright (due to the above law) has not lapsed.
>>
>> Yes. Exactly. And the point being, the copyright moguls achieve
>> endless extensions due to their parliamentary $ influence, so there's
>> a good chance you will never get such an example as the one you ask
>> for - due to ever-increasing copyright extensions.
>>
>> At least, in the good ole U.S of A.
>>

> Whether you like it or not, that is the law.  Period.

Jerry - I was attempting to improve on the question Paul asked you.

Can you suggest an example of a recording that was released with DRM for
which the copyright has now expired?

This is to address the issue of whether DRM will, in the future,
interfere with the intended release into the public domain of old works.

I believe it will, which is I think the point The Wanderer was trying to
make several messages ago.

Richard