Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:47:04 -0700
Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

>That's what Yahoo FAQs said last year.  But when I opened my first

Ah, I see.  I gave up on yahoo and google about a year ago, IIRC.  In
any event, I wouldn't have been reading their FAQs at that time because,
if I hadn't already left, I was pretty close to doing so.

>converting to a paid account.  Maybe, Yahoo just doesn't check.  Or
>it's a bug.

Either way;  Shhh!   :-)

>It's the actual users that are giving the predominately bad ratings.
>The reviews by known venues like PCMag.com, etc. rate most of the sites
>I've looked at good to excellent.  It's the disparity between the two
>that bothers me.

I understand where you're coming from, but....

>Of course, the vast majority of those users are Windows users.  And
>I've heard -- just a rumor, mind you -- that Windows biggest problem is
>between the chair and the keyboard. ;-)

...I've heard that sort of thing, myself.  Mind you, even in Linux the
biggest issue is sometimes due to PEBCAK.  Which was my point, really.
I mean, how often are you sat in a bar and overhear a conversation about
how good such and such is?  It's pretty much always how bad.   :-(

You know what they say;  Bad news travels fast.

--
 Regards  _
I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain