Re: Debian Noob and MSCORE fonts

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 11:39:11 -0500
"c. marlow" <chris@marlows.org> wrote:

Hello c.,

>Ok I removed the ones that said SOURCE CODE

They're handy to have.  It wasn't the wisest move to delete them so
reinstate them.

Note;  Lines beginning deb and deb-src are not the same thing.

When I said delete duplicate entries, I meant *exact* duplicates.  Sorry
for not being explicit.

>http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/CMAR606/Debian%20Mail%20List/Screenshotfrom2014-04-21113020.png

Remove one of the dropbox entries and change the 'testing' entry to
'wheezy', otherwise you're going to be running a mixed wheezy/jessie
system.  I don't think that's what you want.

>then all of a sudden my desktop icons went away after doing
>Sudo-apt-get update...... logged out and in still gone

Not sure what happened there.  Probably coincidence.

>did CTRL ALT DEL and the pc shut down????

Yes, it may do.  <Ctrl><Alt><Del> is often bound to those functions (log
out, shut down, reboot).

--
 Regards  _
We're going to hell anyway, let's travel first class