Re: Debian repository available on USB flash rather than CD/DVD sets?

Richard,

On Feb 23, 2014, at 2:23 AM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

> To do an install, first you boot from the first DVD.  Then switch to the <ALT-F2> console, plug in the USB stick and loop mount the BD images it contains.  Then, when prompted, tell the installer to use those as the place to get it's .deb files from.

Re-reading your description of the project, I see that the people actually using the USB stick won't necessarily be Linux command-line savvy.  So you'll have to pre-seed all the "expert" mode stuff for them.  That's quite do-able, but it's a topic for another (probably very long) thread... /-:

Rick