Re: Debian repository available on USB flash rather than CD/DVD sets?

Richard Owlett wrote:
John Hasler wrote:
Richard Owlett writes:
incomplete distributions of the relevant architecture are "out
of spec".

So you really need a multiplicity of huge packages for finite
element
analysis, bioinformatics, particle physics, medical practice
management,
etc?

"Need"? If "NEED" governed I would still use CPM80 and probably
weigh 100 lbs less ;!

I may owe Mr. Hasler an apology. I saw his post as I was DASHING off to lunch.
I chuckled all through lunch.

I doubt I would ever *NEED* any of the four. However I could see me _wanting_ elements of any/all of them. Throw in FFT, HMM, active parametric FIR filters and tools to explore graph theory just to cover all bases. In my experiments with Squeeze I believe I've installed elements from each DVD. You don't choose books for a university library based on *NEEDS* of the general population. I have a similar outlook towards the Debian repository. Especially considering cost/benefit ratios for Debian.

As I write this a interesting question arose, "Could I find software to emulate a Z80 CPM machine?". Is there an implementation of Lawrence Livermore BASIC? How about CUPL? I believe the term applied to my interests is eclectic.
YMMV