Re: sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

---- On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:43:10 -0800 Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote ----

 > Why does a manually wound coil for guitars does sound better than a
 > mechanically wounded coil does? The mechanically wound coil is more
 > precise! Don't underestimate human touch. The human brain is a
 > super-computer, no computer build by humans is able to compare with our
 > brains.

Our brains (and bodies) are the most shoddily constructed, corroded, inefficient, poorly maintained, infinite-monkeys sort of kajiggered engineering in the known universe. In my opinion, that we experience flaws and mistakes as "better" than exact reproduction and precise technique says more about how we are flawed and improvised than whether there is something intrinsically better about machine or manually wound coils.