Re: update flash

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Mi, 15 ian 14, 19:06:12, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >
> > Query:  Wouldn't apt-get update and upgrade do the same
> > thing, if there were a new security update?  And if you have
> > the nonfree repo enabled, of course.
>
> apt-get only understands package (as in .deb) versions, so if a newer
> flashplugin-nonfree package is available for you it will be
> installed. It is then up to the package to update the plugin as well
> (which I believe it does).

I am using the flashplugin from Debian's nonfree repo.  If there are
any security updates for it from Adobe shouldn't those updates
ultimately end up in the repo just like all other nonfree stuff?  Or
would the security updates end up in some backport repo, since it
would be coming from a newer, non-Linux version of Flash?

As far as I can tell, I have the latest version not only from the repo,
but according to Adobe as well: 11.2.202