Re: Fwd: Installing Debian inside Windows 7 utilizing VirtualBox

Hi Members,

Thank you for all the kind suggestions and help. I have successfully
installed Debian/Wheezy as a Virtual Machine (using VirtualBox) on my
net book. The install was a very interesting and worthwhile experience
as I now have a much better understanding of how-to utilize a virtual
machine.

Yes my netbook is slow due to my current memory capacity however this
is not an immediate concern (yet). At this point all I am really
looking to accomplish is to learn all there is in regards to
navigating the GUI, how-to access the shell, download and install
programs and to maximize youtube to play videos using a non-free flash
player. I was never able to get youtube to play videos.

Last year I successfully installed "Squeeze" in a dual boot system
configuration utilizing a seperate hardrive for each OS (Debian and
Windows). The install was successful as well as the GRUB install (Grub
gave me the choice at boot-up to pick either debian/squeeze or windows
to boot). The only initial concern was while using debian, my browser
would lock-up after a few minutes and I was never able to find a fix.
I then had to put my whole GNU/Linux project on hold for some time due
to other pressing commitments. I now have some time to enter back into
this area of study and would appreciate the kind help.

My current focus is on this new install (Debian/Wheezy). I would
kindly like to know if anyone has any advice/links in regards to where
to proceed next? I believe my next step (after the initial .iso
install) is to "upgrade wheezy" to it's current state. A how-to on
this would be much appreciated. Then to learn root access and the most
frequently used commands to accomplish certain tasks.

I am reading my emails from last year to become re-acquainted with
many of the GNU/Linux terms. Thank you for your time.