Re: Installing Debian inside Windows 7 utilizing VirtualBox

Hello,

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:30:16 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Du, 24 nov 13, 11:45:11, Wally Lepore wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone successfully mounted a Debian .iso file directly
> > to VirtualBox?

It's probably  clear, bout just to be complete: the mounting
part should be definitely same for Debian ISO as any other
ISO :)

> Yes, I did this in VirtualBox running on Debian, but it
> shouldn't be different on Windows. I can't detail the steps
> because it seems I uninstalled VirtualBox, but it was quite
> easy.

I don't have it at hand either, but  ---- and now I'm not sure
if it was for Virtualbox, KVM manager or both ---- it was not
so trivial as e.g. on Vmware Workstation, where it's two clicks
in menu and you choose the file.  It wanted you to add the file
first to some "repository" before being able to use it as image
for virtual optical drive.  However, it was possible to get
there using intuition.

On the other hand, managers usually offer a VM creation wizard
which can simplify this since it's pretty common.

Thanks,
aL.
--
Alois Mahdal