Re: Installing Debian inside Windows 7 utilizing VirtualBox

On 25/11/13 07:27, Alois Mahdal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:30:16 +0200
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Du, 24 nov 13, 11:45:11, Wally Lepore wrote:
>>>
>>> Has anyone successfully mounted a Debian .iso file directly
>>> to VirtualBox?
>
> It's probably  clear, bout just to be complete: the mounting
> part should be definitely same for Debian ISO as any other
> ISO :)
>

>> Yes, I did this in VirtualBox running on Debian, but it
>> shouldn't be different on Windows. I can't detail the steps
>> because it seems I uninstalled VirtualBox, but it was quite
>> easy.
>
> I don't have it at hand either, but  ---- and now I'm not sure
> if it was for Virtualbox, KVM manager or both ---- it was not
> so trivial as e.g. on Vmware Workstation, where it's two clicks
> in menu and you choose the file.  It wanted you to add the file
> first to some "repository" before being able to use it as image
> for virtual optical drive.

You're mistaken about VirtualBox. Whether the VM is running or not it's
still only two clicks to select a new ISO to load into the optical
device. If anything VirtualBox is simpler to use than Vmware (I use both).

> However, it was possible to get
> there using intuition.

Or following the prompts.

<snipped>