Installing Debian inside Windows 7 utilizing VirtualBox

Hi Members,

I would like to run Debian and test new software packages utilizing Debian as a virtual environment. inside my Windows 7 OS. I would like to be able to install Debian in this fashion and have the ability to utilize a Debian GUI desktop as well.

Question #1 please:
Would kindly like to know if Oracle's VM VirtualBox is the recommended "virtualization software package" to install to accomplish this procedure.

Question #2 please:
Which "Stable" version of Debian ("Squeeze" or "Wheezy") is recommended that would best serve this purpose?

I have been reading about VirtualBox and studying the steps involved to install Debian in this manner. I'm sure I will have additional questions but would simply like to start with my initial questions above.

A couple of how-to links I've discovered:

Installing with a GUI desktop:
https://jtreminio.com/2012/07/setting-up-a-debian-vm-step-by-step/

Installing without a GUI desktop
http://williamjturkel.net/2013/05/31/installing-debian-linux-in-a-vm/