Re: wordpress, again

On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Glenn English <ghe@slsware.com> wrote:

> I have a mildly working Debian WordPress install

Hi Glen,

Would you be willing to help me get a wordpress installation up and running?

I've done "aptitude install wordpress" which dragged in all the necessary other packages, like apache2, mysql, php… etc.  So I *think* I've got all the tools I'll need.

But there seems to be a fair amount of configuration that's needed, and I've got no clue where to begin.

I've read the stuff in /usr/share/doc/wordpress (README.Debian, and the two files in examples/) but they are just hints -- I need a "step-by-step" for dummies.

If you can help me get from 'aptitude install' to a working setup, I'll promise to write it all up for the wiki, so the next person doesn't have to start from scratch.

Thanks for any help!

Rick