Re: ANDROID

On 10/29/2013 07:56 PM, Celejar wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 05:07:08 +0800
> iijima yoshino <iijimayoshino@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What a shame , Ubuntu is not totally free definated by GNU
>>
>> Explaining Why We Don't Endorse Other Systems
>> http://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html
>
> This has been fought endlessly, but their objections to Debian are
> really rather precious: they're upset about things like the fact that
> "people can readily learn about these nonfree packages by browsing
> Debian's online package database" and that "the installer in some cases
> recommends these nonfree firmware files for the peripherals on the
> machine", although the blobs are, of course, no longer actually *in*
> the main kernels.
>
> Celejar

I think these FSF guys are nuts! They are definitely /not/ for
freedom--they would, if they could, prohibit people and Linux
distros from including software that people want, and in many, if
not most, cases, need.
Of all the distros they mention, it seems that Mint has got it
mostly /right/!

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley