Re: ANDROID

 On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:59:10 +0400 "Reco recoverym4n@gmail.com" sent
 this:

>On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:25:06PM -0400, Doug wrote:
>> I think these FSF guys are nuts!
>
>May be. But they are right kind of nuts in today's crazy world.
>

>> They are definitely /not/ for
>> freedom--they would, if they could, prohibit people and Linux
>> distros from including software that people want, and in many, if
>> not most, cases, need.
>
>Was not the case so far. Creating their own free software distros based
>on what they consider non-free distors - yes.
>Disallowing others to violate GNU-approved licenses - yes.
>Forbidding someone to use certain software - no.
>

>> Of all the distros they mention, it seems that Mint has got it
>> mostly /right/!
>
>No meaningful security updates, no independent codebase, no possibility
>to upgrade between releases, questionable design decisions - these are
>actually qualities of Mint distribution. Thanks, I'll take Debian over
>it every time I have to choose.
>
>Reco

I agree with Reco. FSF: The right kind of nuts.

What kind of software do people want? The kind that puts them on the
drip feed even after they pay the first time? They can have that if
they want. Linux people use Linux because they don't want that. They
are not forbidden to use it, much of it is not in Linux, but the choice
to use it is there in other operating systems.

I've never tried mint because Debian does what I want/need/desire. The
grass is green enough here, I have no need to journey to the fence.

Each of us is different.

Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The law will never make men free, it is men that have to make
	the law free...Henry David Thoreau