Re: Choosing default OS in multi boot system

Brian wrote:
On Wed 30 Oct 2013 at 08:55:49 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

QUESTION_TWO:
Is there an automatic way for the Grub menu to display the
associated partition label instead of the kernel id? the partition
designation (sda1 ... sda8 etc) would be minimally acceptable.

Automating the menu display in this way is done with 10_linux and
30_os-prober in /etc/grub.d. Edits to them will stick because they
are conffiles. An indication of what can be done is at

    http://ubuntu-install.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/grub2-title-tweaks.html

Just glanced at it and the first few of its included links. I think I've got some reading ahead of me. Weatherman predicting 2-3 days rain - guess I'll have time ;)

P.S. there are hints of answers to questions I hadn't thought of asking.

Thank you