Re: ANDROID

Hi.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:25:06PM -0400, Doug wrote:
> I think these FSF guys are nuts!

May be. But they are right kind of nuts in today's crazy world.

> They are definitely /not/ for
> freedom--they would, if they could, prohibit people and Linux
> distros from including software that people want, and in many, if
> not most, cases, need.

Was not the case so far. Creating their own free software distros based
on what they consider non-free distors - yes.
Disallowing others to violate GNU-approved licenses - yes.
Forbidding someone to use certain software - no.

> Of all the distros they mention, it seems that Mint has got it
> mostly /right/!

No meaningful security updates, no independent codebase, no possibility
to upgrade between releases, questionable design decisions - these are
actually qualities of Mint distribution. Thanks, I'll take Debian over
it every time I have to choose.

Reco