Re: XFCE without GNOME/KDE parts (Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1)

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 19:34 +0400, recoverym4n@gmail.com wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what are names of these Gnome applications?

Xfce does need gtk. Xfce doesn't provide some software, resp. only
rudimentary software for some usages. Likely it's used with
NetworManager, Gedit etc. and as mentioned before, for showing devices
in Thunar, even trash, gvfs is needed.

Sure, there's no hard dependency to Gnome software (or KDE software),
but at least I install a DE to get a DE and Xfce4 is missing features.
Would you like to use mousepad for programming? What are you using as
your MUA? Etc. pp..

"XFCE without GNOME/KDE parts" isn't a subject from me, but I agree that
it's quasi impossible to use Xfce without stuff from Gnome or if
installing Qt doesn't matter, KDE.