Re: XFCE without GNOME/KDE parts (Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 08:21:16 +0200, <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 02:18:10 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

That makes me wonder, perhaps this works because your install is that
clean.

There may be other differences. Versions, build options, etc.
And there's always ltrace and strace to make sure that the software
behaves exactly the way you want it.

What will you strace, if you're missing the Trash can icon? ;)
And no, I don't need a trash can, even if I delete using the mouse I delete and don't move to trash, but usually I use a terminal for file browsing and operations like remove. The OP is missing the Trash can icon and there's nothing wrong with it, if people want a Trash can.

Impossible for my usage, fortunately I anyway mount from a
terminal. I don't know if the OP could live without G and Dconf and
gtk3.

I didn't install that stuff simply for the sake of an clean experiment.
I'm pretty sure that thunar doesn't use GConf, DConf or GTK+3, so these
libraries were not needed.

Thunar doesn't need them, but other software does. Don't ask me what software e.g. gtk3 needs, since I'm booted to
a very old Linux right no.

cat /etc/issue
Welcome to openSUSE 11.2 "Emerald" RC 1  - Kernel \r (\l).

uname -rm
2.6.31.6-rt19 x86_64

Regards,
Ralf