Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)

Chris Bannister wrote:
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 03:43:21PM +0200, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
I know I wont teach that to anyone here, but modems are not
computing stuff, at all. They are simply here to transform numeric
signals to analogical ones, and vice versa. I wonder why someone
would explicitly call the boxes "router-modem"...
Ummm, Under the router which is plugged into the phone line:
"ADSL2+ WiFi Modem Router" (without the hyphen!)

Under my other router "Wireless router" and yes, it has no modem
capability (as the name implies!)

Umm... the "wireless" part is a modem. What do you think is talking over-the-air?