Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)

On 10/11/2013 08:24 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> Wikipedia is hardly what I would call "reliable".  This "definition"
> is one person's opinion, nothing more.
absolutely

> I happen to disagree.  Even single user systems need sysadmins.  And
> the sysadmin is the person ultimately responsible for the operation of
> the system.
don't you think most home use "single-user" systems have 2 people ?? my
wife & I share our computer so that IS a multi-user system..
and I am responsible for her setup also.. printers, software she likes...

> If all you have for an "authority" is Wikipedia, then your "argument"
> is not strong enough to convince me.
me either.

--
Paul Cartwright