Re: Code Of Conduct (was ... Re: Security?)

Well, now you got me going. The year is 2012 and contrary to your recent discovery of an alternative to a windows platform -- for some of the rest of us -- it has been almost 35 years since Kerrigan published his how to program in C book and the last thing we are quite bored of revisiting the past. Feel free to use mutt, pine or whatever you want -- however, many of us (even  "old guys" ) use our computing devices for other things than just work and micro tweaking our system and do enjoy the full benefits of modern computing technology such as media, music, twitter, and reading news on pay-wall enabled _javascript_/flash sites and some of us (ah, god forbid, some of us even have little kids and do purchase iTunes cards and do buy non -free stuff on big bad evil Apple sites the same way we do go to big bad evil Disney movies and give Disney corporation our hard earned nickles and dimes).

To answer you question, (sorry, I only caught the part where you were being reprimanded for using foul language), if its the question about encryption, then yes, it can be decrypted by law enforcement and military and they don't need to sit around and wait a 1000 years to get to the message. They have two options. Option #1) a backdoor. And option #2), go to your house and beat the password out of you. The same goes for criminals, except they only use option #2.

Have a gutten tag.