Re: Don't want a desktop environment

On 09/22/2013 06:49 PM, Morel Bérenger wrote:
> Ok, problem solved by simply waiting... strange. Anyway, I can not
> reproduce your problem, here, pressing 'n' goes to next unread
> message. Is it what it should do? If yes, then it works fine.
> I would really like to see your i3 configuration file and know your
> steps. My bet would be that you had this "issue" when using an i3 mode
> where the key 'n' was binded, so when i3 received 'n' it thought it
> was for it.
I sent you the config file in a private message

> For the 2nd issue, it seems you do not have installed a package for
> me.  Package which could have been automatically installed by whatever
> other wm you use, or any other software.
> I already had issues with softwares which had silent dependencies in
> Debian. It is easy for developpers to forgot about one of those when
> then are making tests on systems using a complete desktop environment,
> and users as me (us?) which prefers to keep systems as light as
> possible suffers from that.
> After all, how could a window manager break automatic URL management?
it works in all other WM, MATE, Gnome, xfce, but not i3..

> For the 3rd and hopefully last issue you had, it is definitely not a
> i3 problem, since as you say, "I went back to Trinity WM".
> I3 just have no way to remember that a window was in fullscreen.
> Often, web browsers implements their own window manager internally,
> which allows to fullscreen. Since thunderbird is made on the same
> basis as firefox, I guess they use the same GUI tools, and so that you
> are using the internal full screen mode.
it never went full-screen until I ran i3. Even though I brought it out
of full-screen before I closed I3, when I ran thunderbird again in
gnome, it ran full-screen with no way to close it. I never had a window
before that didn't have the X box to close the window before I ran i3.

--
Paul Cartwright