Re: Don't want a desktop environment

Le 22.09.2013 01:14, Paul Cartwright a écrit :
On 09/21/2013 03:58 PM, Josef Bailey wrote:
i3 is a very good wm
I just installed & ran I3. I have a couple of issues.
1. it breaks Thunderbirds "n" to go to Next Message in another folder.
So you have to constantly use the mouse to move to the next folder
2. You can no longer click on web links in Thunderbird , nothing happens.
3. When I went back to Trinity WM and ran Thunderbird, it was in
fullscreen mode with no way to resize the window. I googled & found a
workaround, but I don't think I3 plays nice with Thunderbird, so that
won't work for me..

--
Paul Cartwright

I am not a thunderbird user, but I have never noticed that problem. Maybe you messed yourself with your configuration? Can you show us the configuration file you used and describe exact steps to reproduce?

Anyway, I tried thunderbird (icedove in facts) to reproduce your bug, and indeed, I had bug. Network is no longer usable on the computer on which I did the try :) it's not really fun, I'll have to debug it now... I'll ask for help on another thread if I can not do it myself ( even localhost seems damaged btw, so at least it is not hardware failure ).