Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On 8/30/13, Phi Debian <phi.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amazingly I needed to do a check on ubuntu raring, so I quickly setup
> a raring guest. And as I am at it, dit the
> panel->properties->[background] test, and it got killed with out any
> 'oh no' message, so even harder to understand what happen :) I may be
> back to debian for raring era :)
>
> So this is more a general GUI linux world problem, all distro's are
> victimised by questionable bus architecture, then wanted to get as
> nice as MAC, and got as worth as windooze :) (just kidin, don't
> flame).
>
> And about opening a ticket, well why opening at debian since it is
> general...

Only because that is what you would like to see fixed first I guess.
You expressed you like debian. I do too. Filing a bug, with a
procedure that is reproducible, is one of the best ways to assist the
developers to fix a bug. Eventually it goes upstream anyway... so if
you filed with Centos or ArchLinux, then it would eventually get back
to Debian anyway.

But if you are testing the bug in Debian environment, then sensible to
file with bugs.debian.org - sometimes the developer might ask (in the
bug) to test another small thing, like eg strace or whatever might
help him/her.

> I am not involved enough to know the process of reporting this....

I was the same when I first reported a bug. But it's easy when you get
the hang of it. Just go to bugs.debian.org there is a link near the
top "how to report a bug".

There is even a gui (explained on website) - reportbug-ng  which makes
it easy to automatically include info about the bug. It also provides
that you can add your own information as well.

If you prefer, just use the website too. Pretty straightforward after
I used it first time.

Cheers
Zenaan