Re: oh no something is definitely wrong adieu debian.

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 00:11 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:09:48AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > > Wow, thank you for the link. Than Ubuntu in the future will cause much
> > > more issues, when you talk to upstream, than they already do by their
> >                                                ^^^^ Ubuntu and Debian
> > > disgusting policy to split packages nowadays.
>
> It's not disgusting!
>
> > Reminds me to the running gag with the very often broken libjackd link
> > in the past years.
>
> If you find a bug and don't report it, then it is not fair to "moan and
> groan" about it.

Join the jackd devel mailing list archive. It's not that I had issues
with a broken Debian package, since I build my own packages, it's about
breaking something that does work when build from upstream, but not when
maintainers split it to packages and confuse how to link libs. In the
last years I guess Debian packages for jackd are ok, it's an example why
split packages is disgusting. And I already pointed out, that it also
has an advantage to split packages. My intend was to explain that Debian
is a good distro, but no distro is the best distro, since it depends to
the usage.

However, I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY. When you think that there is a best
distro and all other distros are crap and if you think everything Debian
does is even better than what upstream does, than you're free to believe
this, it just not true.

Btw. it's hard to file a bug to upstream when Debian is years behind
stable releases from upstream, you only can ask the package maintainers
to correct something, but AGAIN, 'm talking about something completely
different.