Re: MUA & Yahoo Mail (WAS:Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?)

> On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 11:57 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > When I set up my Rocketmail accounts, Evolution automatically wanted to
> > use IMAP, but I forced to use POP.
> >
> > This are my Rocketmail settings:
> >
> > Server:         pop.mail.yahoo.com
> > Port:           995
> > Security:       SSL on a dedicated port
> > Authentication: Password
> >
> > Server:         smtp.mail.yahoo.com
> > Port:           465
> > Security:       SSL on a dedicated port
> > Authentication: Login

I'd just like to say thanks for  all the information in this thread as
it finally prompted me to set up my old talk21 email address in my MUA
of choice  - heirloom-mailx, (talk21  was a email service  provided by
British Telecom and is now farmed out to Yahoo).

IMAP with  SSL is working fine  but much to my  disappointment I could
only get  SMTP working without SSL  (note: I have SSL working  fine on
other accounts so I  think this is a talk21 thing  (and a quick google
search seems to back me up on this)).

Peter

--

(\___/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

Alte Amplius et Sine Ratione
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/happy/