Re: MUA & Yahoo Mail (WAS:Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 07:44:29PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> How?  What MUA did you use?  When I initially set up my Yahoo Mail accounts (I have several)--this was years ago--there was no option with the free accounts for POP3 or IMAP.  It was specifically said that if you wanted it, you could, for a small yearly fee--I think it was $20 or $25 US--get it.
>
> I've just been to one of my Yahoo accounts and I can't find any info on POP or SMTP server names, etc.  Maybe, Yahoo is different in the UK.  I'll continue to investigate.

Oddly enough, while Yahoo! charges for POP access, they enable IMAP
access on the free accounts. I'm guessing that's for mobile device
support. Icedove knows the right thing to do, or look up the
instructions on the Yahoo! help pages.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to