Re: MUA & Yahoo Mail (WAS:Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?)

> From: Dave Thayer <debian1311420.dmthayer@recursor.net>
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 07:44:29PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>>
>>  How?  What MUA did you use?  When I initially set up my Yahoo Mail accounts
> (I have several)--this was years ago--there was no option with the free accounts
> for POP3 or IMAP.  It was specifically said that if you wanted it, you could,
>> [snip]
>
> Oddly enough, while Yahoo! charges for POP access, they enable IMAP
> access on the free accounts. I'm guessing that's for mobile device
> support. Icedove knows the right thing to do, or look up the
> instructions on the Yahoo! help pages.

Okay.  I found the Yahoo IMAP help page.  The POP help still states you need a "for pay" Yahoo Mail Plus account, but no mention of that for IMAP.  I'll run a test.  I already have Sylpheed on this system, and it is both POP or IMAP compatible.  SSL, too.

Thanks.