Re: administration of initscripts

On 04/16/2013 11:55 AM, Thilo Six wrote:
Hello Michael,

Excerpt from Michael Biebl:

-- <snip> --
+ dropping human readable textfiles in favour of c binary code, which
makes it
needless more complex to debug the whole show.
That's non-sense. systemd unit files are text-files in ini-like format
and much more readable then shell scripts with all their boiler plate.
I think it was more in reference to the systemd journal, which is not
plaintext by any means.
It is by no means c binary code either.
It is like saying gzipped log files are c binary code.
I stand corrected. If i have time i might teach myself better the ins- and outs
of systemd.

It might be worth it even if you have no plans to use it yourself. The more familiarity you have with software in Linux the more you can help. Fortunately systemd is pretty easy to learn so long as you keep in mind it won't be like a traditional init.

Conrad