Re: vnc server

The vncserver and xvncviewer names use the Debian Alternatives
system.  You can read more about that here:

That helps!

And then people found that starting a server was inconvenient.
Wouldn't it be better to export the current desktop?  Instead of
exporting a new, unique and different desktop?  It is possible.

Clarification.  Are you saying that some vnc servers serve up a remote login to a new session, while others simply share an existing gnome session?

Sorry I know nothing about vino.  But I hope sharing the above about
vnc in general was helpful.  The package page says that vino is a vnc
server for GNOME 2 and isn't available with GNOME 3.  If you are using

I'm using Gnome 3 on Wheezy and it DOES come with VINO by default.  FYI.